Hutchison In-Person Learning Updates
Click your language in the box above to translate into your preferred language.
Haga clic en su idioma en el cuadro de arriba para traducir a su idioma preferido.
"Other Language" क्लिक गर्नुहोस् र त्यसपछि तपाईंको बक्समा तपाईंको भाषालाई तपाईंको मनपर्ने भाषामा अनुवाद गर्न।
انقر فوق لغتك في المربع أعلاه للترجمة إلى لغتك المفضلة.
Puedes ver una grabación de video de esta información en español aquí.
FCPS Expands In-Person Learning
Dr. Brabrand shared with the community the school system’s plan for moving forward based on the new social distancing guidelines from the CDC. In that communication, Dr. Brabrand acknowledged that each school will look different. This message will help you to understand how these changes will look at Hutchison as well as the timelines for implementing any changes.
Identification and Invitation Process
While we, at Hutchison, intend to bring back as many students as possible, it may not be possible to offer this opportunity to everyone who wants to be in schools four days a week.
Parents will be contacted directly by Hutchison’s Teachers & Administrative Team should this option be available. Parents should not reach out to the school directly. Please allow Teachers to focus on instruction.
Given this information, each school will:
- Assess each class’ capacity for adding additional students.
- Determine students who will be invited students using our Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS) process. MTSS helps identify students who would benefit from extra support.
- Determine how many additional “seats” are in each classroom.
- Contact impacted families by phone or email the week of 4/12 and 4/19
Layered Prevention Strategies
Previously referred to as Mitigation Strategies.
Continue to be critical to maintaining safe in person learning.
- Correct and consistent mask wearing
- Social Distancing
- Hand hygiene
- Cleaning and Disinfecting
- Staying home when ill
Social Distancing Guidelines
- The move to 3 feet applies only between students, with universal mask wearing.
- Staff-to-student, and staff-to-staff distance will remain at 6 feet.
- Six feet will also be required during lunch, when students remove masks to eat and are seated facing the same direction.